Timber frame panels for concrete buildings
The use of closed timber frame panels on buildings with concrete structures as a building technique is still quite rarely used. However, the use of timber exterior walls for example on an apartment building with a concrete construction reduces building time and costs, and increases energy efficiency.
What should be considered when using timber exterior walls on a building with a concrete structure:
- The use of closed timber frame external wall panels should be considered already before structural engineering for the development of appropriate mounting details.
- The closed timber frame external wall panels of each storey are supported by a concrete false ceiling.
- The load on one false ceiling from the walls and the facade comes from only one storey.
- 4 men + a crane can install up to 150 m2 of facade elements per day.
- Closed timber frame external wall panels can be installed on a building from the top to bottom as well as from the bottom to top, one storey at a time.
Watch the animation.
You will find a comparison of the technical qualities of timber and concrete facades so that you could see for yourself the advantages of a timber facade. We have compared closed timber frame external wall panels with about the same thickness, as the technical qualities of timber as well as concrete panels (weight, energy efficiency, etc.) depend on their thickness.
Some of our closed timber frame wall panels projects