Timber frame elements for concrete buildings
The use of prefab timber frame external wall elements in buildings with concrete structures is not yet very common. But using wooden external walls, for example, in an apartment building with a concrete structure makes the construction cheaper, faster and more energy-efficient.
.What should be taken into account when using wooden external walls in a building with concrete structure?
- The use of prefab timber frame external walls should be considered even before structural design in order to develop suitable mounting points for the external wall element.
- The wooden part of each floor rests on a concrete inserted ceiling.
- Only the load of one floor coming from the walls and facade rests on the inserted ceiling.
- 4 men and a crane install up to 150 m² external wall elements per day.
- Prefabricated timber frame elements may be installed floor by floor from bottom to top as well as from top to bottom.
Watch the animation.
We will compare the technical characteristics of wooden and concrete facades for you so that you can see for yourself how many advantages a wooden facade provides. In the comparison, we have included elements with similar thickness because thickness limits other technical characteristics of both types of prefabricated elements (weight, energy efficiency, etc.)
Some of our prefab wall element projects