Steinerskolen Gjøvik element house 2017
Timbeco Woodhouse OÜ prepared the technical project and produced wooden elements. Timbeco Norge AS built the prefabricated house in Norway. Wooden elements produced in a factory were used for all construction parts. Finishing works included exterior finishing and the installation of internal panels, doors, mouldings and bathroom tiles. By using timber framing construction elements, the building was made weathertight in just a few weeks.
Building type: school
Location: Gjøvik, Norway
Floor area: 350 m2
Volume of the elements: 1,200 m2
Client’s order: finished interior and exterior
Architecture: Kontur AS
Building system: factory-made timber framing elements
Windows were installed into wall elements in the factory. Timber boarding was also partly installed on wall elements in the factory. The building was made weathertight in 3.5 weeks.
Architecture: almost none of the walls were shaped like a rectangle; the walls were shaped like a trapezium. This presented a challenge for all departments: the designer, logistics (optimal packaging), and the construction team. All corners between walls, ceilings and floors were of different shapes, which made the design process quite long and the construction team had to work hard to put the house together perfectly.
- Campaign of 2017: ‘EU Open for Business’ (September 28, 2017)
- TIMBECO IS ON A VACATION FROM 17-TH UNTIL 30-TH OF JULY (July 13, 2017)
- Apartment building in Norway: building’s envelope ready just in 7 weeks (October 17, 2016)
- School building in Norway – facade elements with chaotic cover (October 17, 2016)
- AAA – Timbeco has the highest credit rating (August 22, 2016)